- Site Feedback
- IDEA Sites
- Digital Freedoms
- International Justice
- 2012 Presidential Debates Guide
- Asia Youth Forum
- Big Apple Cogers
- Debate Changing Europe
- Debate in the Neighborhood
- Debating and Producing Media
- Debating the Future of Youth in Africa and Europe
- Dialogue without borders
- Digital Debating Blog
- Free Speech Debate
- Global Youth Forum
- Global Debate and Public Policy Challenge
- International Public Policy Forum
- Online Mentoring
- Securing Liberty Series
- Youth and Sports Mega-Events
- League of Young Voters
Submitted by Manos Moschopoulos on 10 April 2012
Aston-Mansfield is a long established East London Charity with a significant youth programme.
We play a key role in tackling poverty, deprivation, disadvantage and powerlessness by providing an impressive range of cultural, sports, recreational and educational services within three programme strands:
- Community Development focuses on providing projects and services which harness the considerable energy and commitment of the many groups and individuals working to better the community.
- Healthy Living covers all aspects of an individual's mind, body and spirit and our services address the particular needs of our community, tackling local factors which contribute to health inequality.
- Lifelong Learning promotes the concept that everyone has the potential to learn, grow and be an active part of the community regardless of age, background and ability.
We are based in east London with two community centres: Durning Hall in Forest Gate and The Froud Centre in Manor Park. Our centres provide the environment in which the community, at all levels and in all its guises, can come together and tap into the energy of Newham. They provide everything from, for example, office space for campaigning groups right down to a place for someone to drop in for coffee and a welcoming word.
Our vision is that east London will have the diversity and community wealth to create a vibrant inclusive society. Ourmission is to develop the community wealth of east London and promote a diverse and inclusive society in which all are free to participate.
For more information, visit Aston-Mansfield's website.
For More Details
Contact Giovanna Midgley or call +44 (0) 20 3393 7223.
Ben Carrington is a premier sociologist of sport, race and youth.
Our first interactive keynote and panel discussion is on London 2012: Securing the Olympic City.